Vadim Sidorenko, founder of Omo.systems
There are many smart home developers in the global market. There are many solutions that can control the temperature, ensure safety, take meter readings, but they are all different products. They impose on the user the purchase of specific sensors or devices, require the installation of a central controller in the apartment. It is not always comfortable for the user.
Our task is to make the smart home system valid to every family and every person, for example, pensioners. We are talking not only about houses, but also offices, enterprises, and in general any spaces or territories. We created a universal mobile application that can “make connect” devices of different productions with each other. It combines them into a general ecosystem of control via a smartphone and makes it possible to create scenarios.
I am convinced that for the population and expansion of smart home services it’s most important to provide a simplified entry for the user. You can start using the service without any sensors at all, for example, from an intercom (virtual mobile key), and then add one by one sensor at a time and complete the system to your preferences.
These may be such services:
1. Mobile virtual key: opening the porch, vestibule doors, technical room, and basement via app on smartphone, function of an automatic visit-log. Additionally – opening of barriers and gates.
2. Security system based on sensors of opening/closing and movement. Devices are installed in apartments and in the machine room of the elevator. With a notification function on the phone and an additional integration option with security services.
3. Wireless water leak sensor installed under the bathtub, washing machine, and dishwasher. It includes notification function on the smartphone and a relay to automatically shut off water in case of an accident. Possibility to install a leak sensor in the basement of the house.
4. Gas leak sensor with a notification function on the phone and a relay to automatically shut off the gas pipe in case of an accident.
5. Smart video observation. For example, viewing video segments only when a motion sensor is triggered or opening a barrier to recognize a car number.
The modern person no longer needs just a smart home, office, or some other space. User needs a certain lifestyle, consisting of many related elements. The ecosystem of smart space is designed to make life easier, allows you to worry less, creates comfort, protects property from theft, flood, or fire while saving money and time. For example home energy savings of up to 35% when using motion sensors or setting automatic lighting options.